Monday, July 14, 2008

DOSED- AUTUMN AFTERNOON


This song is from our Christmas release last year called STOOPID HOLIDAYS. I recorded the guitar parts onto an old 4-track machine in early fall while sitting on the sofa in Richmond. I later took the unfinished song up to the hills where Billings added some drums and I added the bass. I wrote the lyrics while listening to Mike's drumming, which took place in about 20 minutes.
Mike later added a slide guitar to tie it all together and I came up with the middle eighth lyrics.
The song is about a perfect day on Purple Cow Road with all of my friends and folks I love surrounding me, and what do I have the nerve to do??? I fall asleep of course and miss the whole thing.
AUTUMN AFTERNOON was the first single from the album, which happens to be my favorite dosed project.
Hope you like it.

DOSED-AUTUMN AFTERNOON MP4

No comments: